Friday, August 28, 2009

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.

I don't think I have really cut my hair since Allie was born. I have had it trimmed several times since then but never really taken any length off of it. Needless to say it was getting pretty long.

Well I decided it was time to chop it off. The fact that I just had a baby and my hair all falls out anyway helped make the decision a little easier. It isn't my mom's favorite thing when I chop my hair all off, which got me thinking a little. This time I figured I would do something that would benefit others. So I donated my hair to Locks of Love. 12 inches of hair. My sister-in-law, Ashlee, cut it for me.Before (Josh's blessing day)After
We ended up cutting about 13-14 inches off in the end. I think this is the shortest my hair has ever been, but hey it was for a good cause.

14 comments:

Blake and Jessica said...

Come to think of it I have always known you with long hair. I didn't think it was THAT short, I was thinking like bowl cut when you were describing how short but it looks cute.

Megan said...

I have only had short hair a few times in my life too, but I still don't have the guts to cut it. Way to go you! And it looks great - a major bonus ;)

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Cute Cute! I understand about all the hair falling out. Mine is too. You look way cute and it will be much easier to manage. :)

The Andersons said...

It will be the best thing you do! I love only spending 10 min to look put together in the morning. The cut makes your curls even cuter!

Samantha said...

I always loved your long hair! So pretty! But your new short hair is super-cute, too! I do that every few years, too -- it takes me that long to grow enough to donate! Kudos to you! :)

p.s. tell Stacy congrats for me!!

Nichole said...

Nice!!

The Curtis Family said...

I think it looks REALLY cute! Way to be brave. It payed off!

D'N K said...

Love your hair!!! You look really cute! Your little man is getting so big. I can't wait for kooper to smile. Please tell stacy congats for me!

Jenny said...

I love it! You need to hurry back to work! We miss you here!

Keely said...

I like it!

Amanda said...

Wow! You really chopped it? I'm impressed! It looks good on you!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I love it! That is awesome you donated your hair to locks of love.

Chamberlains said...

I actually really LOVE it! I think you look way cute. All that natural curl makes you look gorgeous. Way to go!

dusty & shannon said...

wow amber that was a ton of hair. it looks really cute though. nice job! its always good to help other people. and the kids are adorable