Friday, April 10, 2009

WHAT ONCE WAS OLD, NOW IS NEW......SORT OF

Shortly after Tyler and I got married we bought ourselves a new house. We lived there for 6 years. I will tell you that this house wasn't my favorite. It just wasn't my dream house, the floor plan wasn't my favorite, the pantry wasn't big enough, the kitchen was too small, etc etc etc.

Last March we decided we were going to move, so we posted an ad on KSL to see if anyone was interested in renting our house. I had it rented out in a day. SWEET! Well, we didn't have another house yet so we moved up to the Grand Imperial, our name for the house that we own with my in-laws in Eden. Normally we would all go up there on the weekends to relax. It is located in Ogden Valley within minutes of 3 ski resorts and Pineview Reservoir. We thought the move was just going to be for a month or two until we found a new house. But alas, NO! We have lived up there for the last year. The lease on our house ended the end of March and we felt like it was best for us to move back to our old home. Our renters weren't thrilled that we were going to kick them out but we felt like it was right to moved back and I wasn't interested in playing landlord anymore, trying to get them to pay me the monthly rent and such.

So, this last week we have spent our time CLEANING and moving back. I have a whole new appreciation for our house, but not for the nasty dog hair all over or the other messes that I have had to clean up. After a year of renting our house out it is really still is in pretty good condition, it just isn't clean. I don't claim to have my house orderly all the time, not even most of the time, but I know that it isn't dirty. I sweep, wash the floors, scrub the toilets, etc. I realize everybodies idea of clean is different. Apparently some peoples definition of clean is my definition of nasty, dirty filthiness! I will spare you most of the disgusting details but not all of them. There was dog hair EVERYWHERE (yes, everywhere, it was even in the microwave), the toilets were filthy (that is a nice way of putting it), etc etc.

Now that the carpet cleaners have come, I have logged countless hours vacuuming and re-vacuuming, gone through several containers of Clorox wipes and a couple pairs of rubber gloves my old home is feeling more like a new home. Now, if only I could find my way through all the boxes.

Thanks to all of our family who helped us this week get things cleaned up and out of storage. We are excited to be back home. I am excited to get things organized and put away! I just have to figure out where to put it all. Does it go where I had it before or do I rearrange things?
Pretty sure my house needs a nice makeover but I am TERRIBLE when it comes to decorating!!So now comes the endless unloading of boxes and the arranging and rearranging of furniture and pictures.

PS...If you know anyone who wants a really nice house up in Eden let me know.

Inside the house in Eden.Who wouldn't love that view? I definitely will miss it!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Moving while pregnant, not so much fun. But at least you get out of cleaning things like the oven, right?! That is all I really got out of though. So lame. So I am sorry you have been scrubbing your house - the people we bought this house from I don't think dusted anything the entire time they lived here. How are some people so messy?! Good luck unpacking and situating it all. I think your house looks nice, by the way - no hating on it ;)

Ty and Ber said...

MEGAN: I too can definitely think of better things to do while prego, like sit with your feet up and eat ice cream. YUMMY!

I got out of some of the heavy lifting and my mom was a champion and chiseled an unknown substance from off the toilet for 10 minutes for me. Other than that the pregnant card doesn't get you out of much.

I don't know if they vacuumed the whole time they were here. I have never seen so much hair in my life. I had to vacuum the walls they were so hairy. SICK AND WRONG!

Keely said...

I'm officially never using anything in that microwave ever again!! NASTY

Unknown said...

Cayde wants to know how much your selling the Eden home for and where it is? Good luck with the unpacking. Crappy timing but nice to be home again!:)

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Cool! You are back home and now way close again- we will have to hang out more. Sorry for the cleaning had to do that doesn't sound like fun. It is amazing how other people can live so dirty!

The Curtis Family said...

I hate cleaning up after my own brood. I really would dread cleaning up someone else's gunk. Yuck.

---Allison

Ty and Ber said...

Cayde: We are selling it for $500,000. It is up in the Trapper's Ridge Community which is up by Wolf Creek. There is a club house with swimming pool, hot tub and exercise room. It is very nice up there. You can email me at amber@summitshop.com if you have more questions or want more pictures.

D'N K said...

Packing while pregnant is no fun. I know!! Where is your old house. We really need to hang out when I move down. We are the moving the 29 You have a really cute house.

Amanda said...

Ewwww! I hate cleaning other people's nastiness. I hope you kept their deposit! It makes me sick just thinking about it. Glad its done though!