Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little Chefs

Emily and Allie love to help out in the kitchen. They love adding the ingredients to whatever we are making and LOVE licking the beaters when we make cookies. Very rarely do I ever make anything without some sort of help from at least one of them. Yes, it takes more time to get things made but I love that they want to help.

Who doesn't love licking the beaters?
Emily has the responsibility of helping me with dinner once a week (although she is always willing and wanting to help out more). Well tonight she wanted to make dinner all by herself, with me maybe helping out occasionally. We decided to make chicken pot pie since it is pretty easy to make. She basically made it by herself, I just measured out the ingredients for her. Emily working hard to get everything mixed together.
So proud of herself! I was super proud of her too. She did a great job and it tasted great also.

6 comments:

Nichole said...

Great job Emily! I don't even know how to make chicken pot pie....

Zanny said...

Oh, that's so cute! And it's so important for them to feel useful and helpful. Now I'm craving chicken pot pie!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

That's awesome- start them young to love cooking. Maybe that's my problem I never developed the love for it. Way to go Emily on the Chicken pot pie! You have such cute girls. Boys are a whole different ball game- good luck! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to have her help with dinner once a week, I may have to steal this idea!

Miranda said...

Way to go little one! Cooking is so fun for the girls...plus its something they can do with mom. Love it

Amanda said...

That's awesome that you have your girls help. Way to teach them responisbility at such a young age! Good job Emily!