Thursday, April 16, 2009

PARTY WITH FRIENDS AND THE PURSE

On Monday Emily had a little party with her friends. We figured since we just moved back to our old house that it would be nice for to have her friends over for a little birthday party. They played balloon tag. They were suppose to try and pop the balloons on the other kids' feet. It was hilarious watching them chase each other around. They would get mad at each other and say "Don't pop my balloon, pop someone else's". I finally just told them to try and pop their own balloons. Which was still a major challenge for them.Then they got to decorate their own cupcakes. SPRINKLE HEAVEN!After the party Emily and her cousins colored on the back patio with all the chalk them Emily got for her birthday. I was pretty impressed when I saw how well Emily wrote her name and shadowed it all by herself.

The other day when we were at Target Emily saw a little purse that she wanted. I told her that she couldn't have it but maybe we could make one sometime. Well for her birthday she got 4 pieces of felt. Yes, I know, I know! Real exciting. But Emily was stoked. She knew that she was going to get to have a purse made out of it.

Today we sat down and made it. I had no idea what I was doing. No idea even where to start. But this is what we came up with.It's nothing fancy but hey Emily was thrilled. That is all that matters, right? And I was stoked that it only cost me $0.80 instead of $9 like the one she wanted.

10 comments:

Kiera said...

That's cute. It doesn't take much to make a kid happy. You did a good job for not knowing what you were doing.

Keely said...

Hey was it the 3D chalk I got her?? Did it work?

Megan said...

Isn't it crazy to think your daughter had a birthday party with friends? I am not ready for that kind of growing up!

Money savings are always the best :) I think it turned out good, especially for the first time and especially for someone who only cares if it can pack all that she wants it to ;)

Blake and Jessica said...

I was very jealous I wasn't invited to the birthday party. What a freakin Martha Stewart seamstress you are. I am impressed.

Amy said...

How fun! You are so cleaver! I will have to remember things like this so when and if I have a girl I can be ready!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

very good at spelling her name with all the colors and shadowing it also. Very nice purse and the price is right!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Emily! I can't believe she is that old! I remember when you had her. I love all the Easter pictures, and their dresses are so cute. Did you make them? I am glad to hear you are getting settled back into the old neighborhood! I can say that I really miss it, I know that my kids miss it alot! So many fun kids around to play with. Good luck with the cleaning.

Brittney said...

Amber you come up with the cutest things. You say you don't know where to start, but you have to with the purse, the cute skirts, etc!

sandyseabunz said...

Oh my, bad aunt! Tell Emily we hope she had a very happy birthday.
Cute purse!
D is making airplanes out of bamboo
skewers and plastic tableclothes.
They work awesome.

Amanda said...

You are always so creative. I'm so impressed!