Friday, April 24, 2009

What Will Mommy Think?

I worked last night and got home and crawled into bed around 6:30 this morning. Emily usually has preschool on Wednesdays but it was changed to Friday this week due to sick kids and such. Because of this, Tyler was the lucky one who got to get Emily ready. He is a great dad but like most guys can't really do a little girls hair all cute. He can do a ponytail though. Good thing. Well, as he was doing her hair this morning he asked her if she wanted her ponytail on the very top of her head (because daddy is silly like that). Emily response is killer. She turned to Tyler and said "No, because mom will think I look like an orphan." I couldn't help but laugh! I may pay for comments like this somewhere down the road.

8 comments:

kacie said...

Elena says the same thing when I tell her she looks like an orphan, but more so like this, "Fine I will look like an orphan then!" Your girls are so cute!

Megan said...

I give your husband props for trying. Although Ross does to and I usually discourage it ;) But that response is absolutely hilarious!

Kara Reynolds said...

Amber, that's a great story! And by the way, I feel the same way with my friends who are a few weeks ahead of me. A woman in my ward is 3 weeks ahead and I keep thinking "Oh, she's at 36 weeks, I'm sooo close!"

The knights are in said...

I love how kids say the cutest things and can brighten up a day. Your girls are always saying the cutest things, you are very lucky.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

that is hilarious Amber! How are you feeling these days? I still can't believe you wanted again so long to tell me-your a stinker! Your girls are adorable.

Blake and Jessica said...

Props to your husband for at least attempting. It's a good thing I have a boy-my husband would be clueless.

Brittney said...

I think it is soooo funny how kids come up with the funniest things. That made me laugh!

Lord Nathan and Lady Bats said...

hehehe... the doctors are RIGHT to keep you from traveling being pregnant...especially with swine flu all in a dither! SO...You're pregnant??? YAYAYAYAYAYAY!! What are you having?????