Tuesday, September 15, 2009

LOTOJA 2009

My dad just completed his 4th LOTOJA this past weekend. 206 miles from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole Wyoming on a road bike. Do we think he is crazy? Yes. Do we still love supporting him? Yes! He raced in the Masters 35+ group and finished 18th out of 70 in 10hrs 2 mins. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!My dad!The kids did amazingly well sitting in the car for that long. Lots of sugar and movies helped in that department. Just as he crossed the finish line.Champion! Still able to smile after 206 miles.The amazing support crew! Look real close, I think Josh and Tyler are making the same face in this picture.My handsome little boy!

This is how we found the girls the next morning.

It was fun supporting my dad on his journey. We love road trips but they are a bit more difficult with children. We still had fun and my dad did great!

5 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Holy Cow! That is amazing. Everytime I see the LOTOJ sticker on the back of the cars I think you guys are an animal. So pass that message along to your Dad. what fun!Your little guy is SOOOO dang cute!

Megan said...

That is so awesome! I knew a couple of people that did it this year and I don't know what is more insane - the race or what these people have to do to train for it. You have an awesome dad and you swell family to go and support him. I bet he loved that!

Blake and Jessica said...

I cannot believe how young your dad looks, and what good of shape he is in. Kudos for you for supporting him and getting sort of a vaykay out of it.

Amanda said...

Wow, you took the kids with you? That's awesome! And good for your dad!!! Pretty sure that would take me weeks, not hours to do...

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Awesome you dad is amazing! Its always nice to have family around when you accomplish something like that!