Tuesday, March 3, 2009

From Princesses And Ponies To Trucks And Trains

When I was a little girl I was more interested in catching grasshoppers and putting them in jars and playing sports than I was in playing Barbies and dress up. I had more guy friends than girl friends. So let's just say when I found out with Emily that we were having a girl I was scared to death. I didn't know what to do with a girl. We have been blessed with 2 little girls who are nothing like I was when I was little, and I think we have handled having girls very well. They love to dress up and play princesses, love their hair done in ribbons and bows and love to have their nails painted. They are such a blessing to us and I love their different personalities. I love spending each and every day with them building princess castles with Legos and dancing around the house dressed up in tutus. Although my favorite is watching Tyler dance around the house with them with a tutu on his head. I LOVE MY GIRLS!!
Even though they are VERY girly they are also very athletic and love the outdoors. Hopefully these are the traits that they will share with their little brother.

Yep, we are having a BOY in July. We are excited. The girls are thrilled. Now to come up with a name. Right now Tyler and the girls call him Ralphie. Yeah I know, it's terrible. Tyler thought he was funny and started calling him that when I was super nauseated and wanted to puke (ralph) at the beginning of the pregnancy.

Me at 21 weeks
We are very excited to be able to have another little one in our home. What a great blessing children are! Now we will see if we can figure out how to do to boy things. Bring on the trucks and trains!! Wish us luck.

26 comments:

sandyseabunz said...

Oh.. how you taunt us, you skinny pregnant person. LOL Cool, I'm the first to congrat you on your blog. I think Tyler has the boys and toys thing down pat, your going to love it! I think you should have a blog name contest?
LYRO

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Yeah!!! Boys are so fun and it's so fun having both! Congratulations:)

Keely said...

Hip Hip hooray! NOw if I accidentally slip and tell someone, I won't get in trouble for it! Because it's legal for me to tell now!

sandyseabunz said...

Oh my gosh, you should name him JAMAL!!!!! iv been asking everyone to name their baby that but noooo, lol just a rad suggestion

sandyseabunz said...

Can you name him Jamal!? iv been asking everyone with a new baby boy
lol just a rad suggestion.- Phoenix

Amanda said...

No way!!! You've known forever now! And as usual, you don't look pregnant at all. I'm super excited for you! You will love having a boy. Yes,yes you will.

kacie said...

I knew it!!!! I did ask once but I knew you were lying. CONGRATS. Boys are so much fun. You will love him.

Zanny said...

Woo hoo! I'm so THRILLED for you guys! Yay! Oh, we need to get together soon. We miss you guys, and here's a great reason to celebrate!

Jeff and Erin said...

Congrats! That is so exciting...now poor Ty won't be the only boy :)

Samantha said...

Yay for you!! Congrats! Boys are so much fun!! :)

Chamberlains said...

Congrats skinny minnie! A boy will be awesome!

Megan said...

Congrats! Even though I might be ralphing right now because of your skinny 21 week picture. You DON'T even look pregnant at all! And I can't believe you kept it a secret so long. You are amazing. I hope you are feeling better now too.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun!

The Andersons said...

Goods luck! You will soon be out numbered! I love having a boy. They are much more mellow... except for the banging and throwing things... I'm so excited for you!

Erin H said...

CONGRATS! You will love having a boy - the girls will love it too! So Different! Of course you don't look prego at all - lucky girl!

D'N K said...

CONGRATS!!! Boys are so fun! I'm having a boy too. When are you due? You don't look prego at all. I'm already feeling big and round. Boy names are so hard for us. Good luck. Let us know when you have a name.

The knights are in said...

What great news, congrats!!! Boys are so much fun . . . WILD, but less dramatic then girls are. You never look pregnant, always so small, you lucky preg-ooo!!!! Wow, three kids. Time flies doesn't it?

Libby said...

You big fat (okay, really skinny) liar! Congrats anyway - that's neat. (Oh, yeah - I've added you to the Prego list.)

Trisha said...

Boy Amber I feel sorry for you. I know what it means when Tyler dishes out a nick name. "Bobbie and Brigs" to name two. Looks like your baby is destined to be called Ralphie.
Congrats otherwise! Boys are fun.

Jenny said...

CONGRATS! I am super excited for you!!!!

Stacy said...

I think you should name him maynard instead of ralphie
I am so excited!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

WHAT!!!!! You little stinker- you were just at my house and didn't tell me! I had a feeling you might be pregnant but would never say anything until you were about to pop. I wanted to ask just because you never tell til later but then I didn't. Congrats! Boys are fun I should know I have 3 of THEM! :) I am a little jealous though that you have both genders now!
YOu look totally non pregnant in that picture. You are blessed to do pregnancy well and delivery- good luck!

ashley said...

I have to agree with all the others gawking at your non existent prego belly. By the time you get to your 3rd baby, you are supposed to start showing at like week 10- just so ya know. And I am very excited for you. Sorry I made you tell me you were pregnant. I usually don't pry like that but I just couldn't help myself. It must have been that pregnancy radar that all mommies get bestowed with. I can't believe you kept it a secret for so long!

Amy said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun! I remember when you were pregs with your first and I couldn't believe you were about to deliever. You never even look pregnant! I have tons of boy names if you need any!

Anonymous said...

How neat! I am so excited for you! Congrats! Thanks again for helping with Lucas, I am actually posting our success! Your great and good luck with the pregnancy!

Brittney said...

Congratulations!!! With you and Kacie pregnant, I feel left out since we were all due within a couple weeks of each other last time!