Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Last Trade Show Til August

Tyler had 3 straight weeks of trade shows the last month. This last one was in Vegas. I decided to go with him and we left the girls at my parents house for the week. They had a blast playing with their cousin, Mylee all week.

Trade shows aren't all that exciting. It is cool to see all the gear for the upcoming year but the days are so long and your feet hurt so bad from walking around and by the end of the day you are to worn out to do anything else.

Apparently we were really excited to go to this last trade show, though, because this was the way our speedometer looked on the way down.

Pretty impressive for a huge Suburban, eh? Okay, maybe our speedometer decided to wig out on us. Clearly if you looked at the RPMs we were pulling you could have figured that out on your own.

Can you spot the star in the crowd? I'm the one taking the picture so it isn't me. Yes, that not so handsome guy in the picture is Gene Simmons from KISS.

All I really want to say is WAHOO. Trade shows and ski swaps are over until August!!!! For the most part, Tyler will be home at night and on the weekends until August. It has been a long 5-6 months since we have had that luxury. We are glad that he is such a hard worker but glad that he can work closer to home for the next couple of months. :)

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Um, Amber? Which not so handsome guy are you talking about? There are a few of them that look kinda scary.
I'm glad that Tyler is done and you can have him home. Good luck in a few months when things get more crazy!

Ty and Ber said...

True, True! He is the one with the black suit and the nasty black hair.

Megan said...

Yeah for having husbands home! I am sure it is nice after such a long time of him being gone a lot. It is nice to have them home, although I am pretty sure my house is messier as a result ;)

ashley said...

Yay! Finally!!! I'm so glad you guys are done with the Trade Shows and all the time apart for a while! Happy Birthday last week to Tyler! It looks like it was a fun party and some yummy cake! And, like everyone else said, that pic of the girls asleep in the stroller is to cute. Oh, and I didn't even notice the RPM's, I really thought you were going 140 plus. That guy from KISS looks kinda like Ozzy. I woulda asked for his autograph. "Just make it out to Spackman Mr. Osborn." That would have been funny:)

D'N K said...

It's hard when your hubby is gone. My kids seem to be more naughty when derek is gone. Yeah you'll have him home for a while!

Keely said...

hmm.. by the look of your dash, Ber, your car is in need of a serious dusting. ha ha ha, but Yay for Ty being able to stay home!

Amy said...

Fun! Nicole and Derrik told me they were going! Did you guys go together? I bet it will be nice to have your hubby around more! I am dying cause Brody is leaving on a work trip for the rest of this week, its hard!

Miranda said...

Congrats on making it through! That is a big haul..you should celebrate!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Yeah! YOu get to have your husband back that is always a nice luxary. That Gene Simmons guys is interesting I remember watching him on the Donald Trump reality show. He is kind of a creep. But its kind of cool you saw someone famous. I bet it was nice to be alone with Tyler for a week. I really thought you were going that fast too before you mentioned the RPM's I was like holy cow thats fast!
Happy Birthday to Tyler finally the big 30! It's always a interesting birthday. I remember when Kameron turned 30 he was depressed for a week...seriously! :)