Monday, February 16, 2009

ICE SKATING

We took the girls ice skating at the Ice Sheet today. Emily had a blast! Allie wasn't too fond of it for the first 20 minutes or so but she soon warmed up too it. She was so sad when it was time to go home.
This picture isn't the greatest (too much back light) but it was the only one I got of Emily and Tyler. Emily was just getting the hang of the ice.
Emily loved going fast!
Allie didn't like all the other people around, but as soon as most of them left she was impossible to get off the ice.

Still not quite to sure about it all.

Emily was soon skating on her own. She held on to the wall for a little while and soon ventured off on her own.Allie wasn't too steady on her own but she did great if someone just held on to her a little and gave her a little support. She tried so hard!The girls spinning around and enjoying their day on the ice.

Emily and Allie both did so well. I am glad that they enjoyed it. We had a great day together as a family.

12 comments:

ashley said...

What a fun thing to do with the family! We've thought about trying it with Kai, but we decided she was too little to enjoy it. I guess we were wrong! I can't believe Allie did so well. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Megan said...

What a fun thing to do. I am pretty sure Anna would have the same reaction as Allie, only I don't know if she would EVER warm up to the idea. LOL. Sound like your girls did awesome. Family times like that are definitely the best!

D'N K said...

Fun family night. Ber you do the best famly things. Your girls are so cute!!

Zanny said...

Oh, I want to go now! I know Summer would absolutely love it!

Keely said...

ha ha That looks way fun! I bet Allie did better then I ever have, I can't even stand on stinking ice skates.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Cool! Have you taken Emily skiing yet this year? What a fun family activity. The girls looked like there having fun!

Jeff and Erin said...

How fun, they look like naturals! What a cute little family :)

The knights are in said...

What a great idea for family time. Your girls are so cute .

Brooke and Aaron said...

Looks like so much fun!

Jenny said...

Such great pictures! I love them!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I may need to try this with my kids!

Stacy said...

That looks like fun ber, Mylee freaked out on the ice when i took her, we should all go together sometime.