Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Runt!

Allie just turned 2. At times I am surprised that she is already 2, other times I am amazed that she is ONLY 2. She has been talking in complete sentences forever, can count to 20, she can recognize and tell you all the letters of the alphabet and just about has the sounds of each letter down.

Emily and Allie love to play dress up so I made Allie a cape for her birthday. She loves to wear it and fly around the house with it.
Super hero girls!
And since my girls love to help out in the kitchen I got Allie an apron that she could paint and then wear when she helped cook. Emily got one when she was younger and absolutely loves it so I figured Allie would love it too.
She had such a fun time painting it.The finished product.
Of course we had to put it to the test and bake some cookies.
Goofing off while we were waiting for the cookies.

Tyler's mom had her graduation for her PhD that night so we had a little party for Allie the day after her birthday.
Allie loves looking at Curious George books and loves monkeys so Emily decided that Allie should have a monkey cake for her birthday and I had to get creative and make it. It may look kind of scary but she loved it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside.
Here's Emily giving the washer toss game a go. I'm pretty sure you have to make that face and that stance when you are playing, it gives you some extra luck.
We had a great couple of days celebrating Allie's birthday. We are so glad that she is part of our family and love her spunky little attitude. Happy Birthday, Runt! We love you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that cake is darling! You are so dang creative! I need to learn some things from you! How fun! Happy birthday allie!

Chamberlains said...

I LOVE the cake! Did you find it online. I've got to remember that one! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. You're such a fun mom!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday alli! Glad you had such a great time!!!

Trisha said...

BER!! I'm going to have to stop reading your blog... Until you start looking as pregnant as you should be!

The cake looks nice!

Amy said...

Good job on the cake! Happy birthdya little Allie, how fun! You are good parents! And hello, even on your third you don't look pregs, how is that???

Megan said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Allie! I don't know how I missed this post. Your cake turned out AWESOME - you should start a business, geesh. And between the love for monkeys, talking in full sentences and the super smarty pants stuff - it sounds like her and Annabelle are 2 peas in a pod. They should meet sometime ;)

Anonymous said...

Your girls are sooo cute!!! I love the cake! Did you make it? Hannah got an apron for her birthday as well and loves it! Viva La cookies!!

Morgan, Utah said...

Good job on the cake. Is that woman in the picture really pregnant?? I don't think so.... Oh wait.... she is.....I think....... (scratching my head).

Kara Reynolds said...

Are those donuts for the monkey ears?? You are so brilliant!