Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday Girl

Emily turned 5 on Sunday. I can't believe that it has been that long since she joined our family.  Seriously, time has flown.
What's it going to be?
We had some family come over after church to celebrate with us.
Emily waiting with great anticipation as Dad gets her last present, her bike, out of hiding. She was super excited.
Yes, I know the cake is leaning, it is suppose to be. Emily saw this cake online and asked me to make it for her birthday. I guess it is a Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland cake but my kids have no clue who/what that is so we called it a Dr. Seuss cake.
Emily you are such a happy girl and always have a smile on your face. You absolutely love teasing your dad and beg to be tickled. You are so smart. You love to read. Emily you are quite the little artist also. You love coloring and drawing and are very good at it. You are so excited to go to kindergarten in the fall. Em’s you are such a good example to Allie and Josh. You and Allie are such good friends and play so well together. You love making Josh laugh. Dad and I love you so much and are glad that you are part of our family. Happy 5th Birthday!

6 comments:

Keely said...

Man she's old! How's she liking the barbie with the wicked sweet bangs I got her? haha

Megan said...

You have a 5 year old! Insane. I am pretty sure I will be in denial when Anna turns 5. lol. She looks super cute and your cake looks awesome. Anna wouldn't know how Alice or the Mad Hatter was either, but Dr. Seuss? Now you are talking! She would have LOVED that!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

What a sweet little message to Emily- she is a pretty little girl. Happy Birthday- wow 5 yrs old. I love the cake and i bet it was yummy too!

Erin M said...

I can't believe how fast time goes by. She is such a cute girl. Your cake looks great. I would think it would be hard to make it lean like that. Great job.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Emily! She is a doll! I love the cake...and her smile!

Jami said...

Wow!! you have quite the lil family! It looks like you guys are always out having fun!