Thursday, January 21, 2010

One, Two, I Can Tie My Shoe!

Emily and Allie got new shoes the other day. I have always bought them velcro shoes simply because they can put them on themselves and it is SO much easier than having to tie their shoes for them.

This time though I decided that Emily is probably old enough that I should teach her how to tie her own shoes. I figured it would take some time but eventually she would get the hang of it.

When we got home she was so excited and wanted to learn how to tie her shoes right away. So I sat down with her and showed her how to do it. She tried a couple of time sbut just said she couldn't tell where to put the laces. So I tied her shoes up for her and told her it would take some practice but she would get the hang of it.

About 5 minutes later she came downstairs and told me she could tie her shoes. Sure enough! She had it down.



 You can see how hard she is concentrating.

 All tied! I can't believe how fast she picked up on that. If only she could clean her room that fast!!

6 comments:

Keely said...

she's ties better than I do!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

that is a smart kid- I love how you do her hair like that-very cute!

Zanny said...

I dread having to teach Summer the art of shoe tying because I totally do it wrong. Jerald thinks he does it right, but he does it wrong too! Crap! We might need YOU to teach us :)

Megan said...

She is one smart kid. I am pretty sure I was the last kid in my Kindergarten class to figure it out. lol. The picture of her 'concentrating' is my favorite. Anna has those same shoes too. Geesh. Looks like you and I should go shopping together. ;)

Jenny said...

What a smartie! Good for her!

Nasear said...

IF you like money and want to earn it doing waht u do now sign up for this site peoplestring.com/?u=nasear if u have doubts check this site http://sites.google.com/site/peoplestringingtogether/ it give you a quick intro about what the sites about and how you earn your cut of the revenue :P