Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Stork Has Come!

July 7, 2009 I had a doctors appointment. I went in and my midwife checked me, I was a 5+, although I wasn't having regular contractions. So she told me to go home, get my girls some lunch, go for a walk around the block and come back and she would check me again. So that is what I did.

Figuring that I would get admitted to the hospital we all went back to my 2nd appointment. She checked me again and I was a 6. 6 is the magic number and I could be admitted and that is what she ordered.

So Tyler and I drove to my parents house and dropped Emily and Allie off and headed to the hospital.Once we got there they admitted me, started an IV and put me on the monitor and called my midwife and let her know I was there. She was on her way to come and break my water. Apparently my contractions had become pretty regular, although I wasn't feeling them. With my first 2 deliveries I decided to have an unmedicated delivery and this time was no different. Tyler has been very supportive of this decision, and I am thankful for his love and support.

At 7:49 pm my midwife came and broke my water, I was dilated to a 7. Things went quickly from there. At 8:28 pm Joshua Tyler made his way into the world. 39 minutes of labor! I will have to say it was a lot nicer this time not having to be on Pitocin. Me, Tyler and Josh shortly after Josh was born.
He weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches long.Check out my muscles! Isn't he a handsome little guy?Emily and Allie were so excited so see their little brother. Emily is a little mother hen. After Allie took her turn holding him and we were getting ready to let someone else hold him Allie freaked out and yelled out "No, my Joshy. I want to hold him!" She may like him just a little bit.The girls I work with decorated my room. This was the sign that was on my door. It looked a little different when it was put on my door, Tyler found a marker and turned the baby into some evil villain with a mustache and killer eyebrows.This kiddo is way to cute to be an evil villain.The girls came up and spent the day at the hospital with us on Wednesday. They both took a nap in my bed. Josh was sleeping a the time too so we added him to the mix. I may never see this sight again so I had to get a picture of it.Our happy little family. It's hard to get 5 people to look at the camera at the same time.

We only stayed in the hospital until 7:30 Wednesday night, I would have gone home sooner had they let me but my pediatrician wanted us to stay 24 hrs.

All ready to go home.
We are all doing well. We are so grateful to have Josh in our family. Hopefully the transition to 3 kids goes smoothly and Tyler and I can handle being outnumbered by the kids.

16 comments:

Samantha said...

YAY!! Congratulations!!! How exciting! Wowza, good job with the short labor! Way to go, woman!! I'm impressed!!!!! And he is so darn cute! I think he looks a lot like Allie! I love the picture with them all asleep! Priceless!!

Megan said...

I know you mentioned that your labors went fast, but 39 minutes?! Jeesh! I am glad he is here - he is adorable. I wanted to leave the next day, but since I had group B strep the pediatrician said I had to stay the full 48 hours. Boo! I am glad you didn't have to do that. Good luck with 3 - you will do awesome!

Zanny said...

Oh, I'm so happy!!!! He's so handsome and I love seeing how thrilled you all look in the pictures. Lots of love!

Kenny & Stacy MacConaghy said...

Congrats! He is so handsome! I think it is now official....You are SUPER WOMAN or SHEERAH, which ever you prefer. I'm glad everyone is health and happy.

Jenny said...

Congrats! He is a doll!

Nic and Shannon Rich said...

Goodness you are amazing!! Congratulations he is a cute little stud!!!

Blake and Jessica said...

Amber, Amber, Amber. First, let me say I am sad that I wasn't working when you had him because I wanted to take care of you. Second, your unmedicated deliveries are simply amazing, you are incredible. Third, little Josh is darling, having a boy is wonderful. Love you lots, take a long maternity leave and I hope to see you soon!

The Curtis Family said...

Congratutlations! From the pictures, I think he looks a lot like your husband. I am glad things went so smoothly and you are all home now. Get lots of rest and lots of snuggles. Take care.

---Allison

D'N K said...

CONGRATS!!! Wow you really suck on all levels. No looking huge and just min of labor. ber your really lucky. I'm so glad things went good for you. He is so cute. I hope I get to see him soon. Don't worry about three. Three is so fun. I'm worried about 4!

Nichole said...

What a cutie! Congrats on #3...maybe you should donate the next one to me?? Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! What a cute baby boy nd what a cute name!! How fun to have a boy with your sweet girls, let us know if you see any difference in the two, harder to have a boy or girl? Enjoy him!

Melissa said...

Congrats!!! Cute boy and let me tell you boys are waaaayyy different than girls, not so much drama...

Brooke and Aaron said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie. You guys did good! ;)

ashley said...

Wow! I had no idea you were due all ready. It's crazy how fast time goes when you don't see each other so oftain. Congrats Spack! Hey is so cute. I love the name too! I wanna come see him sometime. I'll give you a call and maybe I'll bring you guys some dinner. Good job mamma!

Amanda said...

Oh yay! He's here! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and that you're all doing well. I think that pic of them all sleeping together is pretty much the cutest thing ever. I want to come meet little Joshua. Let's play!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Wow! YOu look incredible!!! How do you do it- you have no puffiness from the fluids they pump in you- maybe its because you don't have them in you very long. That is simply amazing that you do not feel your contractions until your water breaks- that is not fair!!! He looks like your other kids-very handsome. Yeah Joshy is here- happy for you and the family. Good luck with the transition but I know you'll do great! I want to come by maybe next week to see you and the little guy- I will give you a call!