Monday, June 8, 2009

Murdery Mystery Dinner: The Chicago Caper

Saturday night after Tyler's volleyball tournament we went to a murder mystery dinner that our friends Lando and Kristin hosted. It was 1928 and the Chicago mobster Hal Cappone just got out of prison and was murdered. One of us did it- but who?
Not quite sure what's going on here. Let's try that again.
I was "Scoop" a young reporter for the city's leading paper and Tyler was Billy "The Kid" a major league baseball player.
"Silky" owner of a prominent private establishment and "Socks" owner of and exclusive club.
Molly the flapper and DA Harrow.

Ernie the Millionaire and "Torchy" a singer in a club.
Eating dinner as we played along. If you wondering why it looks like Tyler has a fat lip it is because he was truly getting into costume and had a wad of chew (shredded beef jerky) in his lip, it made me sick every time I looked at him.

We had a blast and everybody did a great job with their costumes and really got into the whole game.

Who wants to participate in the next one?

8 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like your Saturday was jam packed! I realized once we got to the park that I had forgotten my camera. Which is for the best seeing as how I did not want any pictures taken of me, but still, sad. I still can't get over how teeny tiny you are - it is so lame ;) The murder mystery dinner sounds awesome too - what a fun group of friends.

Anonymous said...

I have done this before, and it is very fun! You guys look awesome!

Blake and Jessica said...

It was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the lead pipe!?!

Amanda said...

So who did it? Were you the murderer????
These are fun to do. I just don't know that I could ever convince Jared to participate in one...

Brooke and Aaron said...

That looks so fun! You guys really get into the spirit of things! :)

Roscoe and Daisy said...

You guys have fun friends with creative imaginations- looks fun and intruiging! You guys look cute!

Morgan, Utah said...

Amber check your facebook!

Chamberlains said...

You know we'd always be in to join. Looks like fun.