Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Miss Piggy and the Campout

Emily really enjoys watching this show called Super Why on PBS. One of the characters on the show is a little pig, and that is the only place I can think of where she got this crazy idea. Yesterday, Tyler and I were outside in the backyard talking when Emily came out and asked "Do I look like a piggy?" She had gone inside a few minutes prior, stood in front of the mirror and tried to draw a pig face on her face. Needless, to say I was a bit shocked when I saw her face. I didn't get mad at her. I did very calmly say "Maybe we shouldn't draw all over ourselves." That broke her heart. She turned around and went inside on the verge of tears. She had tried so hard to draw the perfect pig face and I had ruined it. That broke my heart. Needless to say, her cute little piggy face remained there all day until bath time last night. Yes, we even went to the store with her artwork in place.

One of our favorite things to do in the summer is go camping. With me being in the last weeks of pregnancy, dilated and contracting we don't feel like it is a good idea to venture out anywhere too far off to go camping. But the itch to go is there so we had to improvise a little to satisfy the urge a little. Last night we decided we would camp out at the closes place available to us, the backyard. The girls were thrilled!Headlamps are on and we are ready to go.Helping Daddy set up the tent.We have story time even if it is in a tent with headlamps to light the pages. Of course all the books we read were about camping.2 happy little campers all snug in their sleeping bags.

We had a great night out in the backyard. Can't wait for our new little guy to come to our family so we head out somewhere else and go camping.
I will have to say, camping in the backyard isn't so bad, the girls stayed a heck of a lot cleaner than they would have had we gone somewhere else.

12 comments:

Blake and Jessica said...

Oh my gosh. How could you get mad at her with that beautiful artwork across her face. Just one of those moments that I know I will have coming to me. How do you bribe her into taking the picture?

Nichole said...

That is hilarious! Looks like you have a little artist.

Zanny said...

I'm still laughing about that "pig face" drawing. She's such a darling - both girls are. We had such a great time playing with you guys today. What fun we had! And now you've got me wanting to camp in OUR backyard!

Stacy said...

That is awesome, i love emily's pig face, she is such an amazing artist. oh p.s you are such a mean mom, the poor thing. J/k that was awesome of you to let her wear it to the store. When mylee is back we should all do a back yard campout!!!

Anonymous said...

What a smart little girl to know how to draw a pig face on herself, I am impressed! How fun to go camping in the backyard, you both are such cool parents! Sorry about the contracting, but I hope all goes well with the birth of your sweet baby boy!

sandyseabunz said...

Oh, I think your Uncle Ron is whispering into someones ear! I bet he's looking down, still laughing.
That's a great idea, then you still get to be in on the fun!
D. was reading with me, then asked if he could sleep in the chicken coop again. It's almost finished.
Oh, btw, we got the pool at target.
Looked on-line, could not see it.
they had others. LYRO

The knights are in said...

She made a very cute Miss Piggy. I agree, how could you ever get mad at that!!!

Keely said...

Well pretty much loved the pig face! haha And now I really want to go camping!

The Spack Fam said...

And I would like to know why Grandma was not invited to go camping in the back yard also???? Heck I would have brought the rice crispie treats!!

Trisha said...

We like that show too! Fortunately for us the kids haven't had the urge to look like a pig. You'll have to plan a camping trip to our place (if we ever move).

Amanda said...

Hey camping in the back yard is fun. We've done it before and it totally beats nothing! Glad you had fun!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I love the "little miss piggy story", and the camping trip. You guys are fun parents. Your girls are so sweet and my boys are so rambucious- Karson has been itching to go fishing. I should send him with you next time!