Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Emily's First Soccer Game of the Season

Emily just had her first soccer game of the season. When practices started a month ago we showed up and found out she was on a coed team. I was a bit nervous to say the least. Emily has played one season of soccer prior to this season and she was pretty timid and not aggressive at all that first season. So I didn't know how she would fare against boys. Well, needless to say Ty and I were both surprised when we watched Emily in her first game. She had improved so much from last season and didn't let the boys push her around. She did so well.
Emily coming in and taking the wall away from the blue team.
At one of Emily's practices I told her that she probably shouldn't play goalie. I thought she would be too scared to really go after the ball. Wow, she proved me wrong in a big time way that first game. She was running out and diving on the ball. She did such a great job. 
Coming out and taking the ball away from the other team stopping them from scoring!

It was so fun watching her play. She has really started to understand the game. It should be a fun season!



0 comments: