Friday, September 10, 2010

Emily Lost A Tooth

Emily has had a loose tooth for a couple of days now. She thought it was fun to push on it with her tongue and show you how it would wiggle.
Yesterday after she got out of the shower and was getting ready for bed she said her tooth was super loose and she wanted us to pull it out.
Tyler tried to pull it out but it wasn't quite ready.

Emily was so excited about her tooth that there was no way I was getting her to go to sleep. She would run around the room and then run back to me and say "Wiggle it again, Mom. See if it will come out." So I would wiggle it and she would run around the room again and ask me to wiggle her tooth again. Over and over!
Finally, out came her tooth. When I pulled it out she looked at me with wide eyes and asked if I pulled it out. I replied yes and showed her. She jumped up and down and excitedly said "I want to go see in the mirror." When she came back she was crying. With tears streaming down her face she said "I'm bleeding." (I did warn her before that most likely this would happen, apparently it didn't sink it.)
We got the bleeding stopped and she was all smiles. I think at this point I had finally recovered from yanking her tooth. I'm not going to lie, that was not my favorite thing.
Emily's 1st tooth she lost (minus the one the dentist had to pull because of an abscess from a rogue filling)
When we woke up this morning Emily showed me the money the Tooth Fairy left her. I forgot all about the Tooth Fairy coming so I was really surprised to see the 5 dollar bill Emily was holding in her hands. I told Tyler that apparently the Tooth Fairy hasn't been affected by the economy and left Emily $5. With a look of true surprise he asked if I was joking. Then I found a $1 out on the kitchen table. I asked if that was the money she got from the tooth fairy. She said that she really got the $5 from the Tooth Fairy but when she came down to eat breakfast she couldn't find where she put it so she went up and got the $1 out of her piggy bank. She then found the $5 again.
Emily did not want me to take a picture of her with the $1 bill. She kept saying "That's not the money I got."

I don't know whether she got $5 or $1. I do know that she was one excited little girl and thinks it is cool that she is missing a tooth. She really likes the fact that she has another loose tooth now. How much will the Tooth Fairy leave next time?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five bucks, wow you have a great tooth fairy! Isn't so cute when they loose their first tooth! She looks darling!

Amanda said...

I do not look forward to teeth pulling. It gives me the heebee geebeez.
I love that she holds the dollar bill like its a snotty tissue. Lol. Makes me giggle.

G and S said...

Emily - I think you look cute with a tooth missing. I still love your pretty smile. You are very lucky to have such a good tooth fairy! I miss you and can't wait to see you soon.
love, Grandpa Conlin

Lord Nathan and Lady Bats said...

Yay for the toothfairy!

Amber - I need your address!
Email it to me (batstevens@hotmail.com) or post it on my blog.

Erin M said...

What a generous tooth fairy - what kid wouldn't love that fairy. Your girls look so cute going to school. Hope their loving it.

Breanna said...

I can't believe she let you pull it out. My girls would never let me do that! Tuff girl!!! Tuff Momma! ;)

Brittney said...

Thank you for your concern about my dad. I really appreciate it! Kyleigh pulled her first tooth out determined for money...they are cute. It is funny the things that they remember and the things they forget, like the bleeding! Glad things are ok though! It is also good to hear that I am not alone on the potty training thing. Granted I would never wish it upon anyone, but it is rough, especially when you feel you have tried everything you know, rewards and punishments.