Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Skiing Night and Day

Last Friday night we decided to take the girls skiing up at Wolf Mountain. We worried they would complain about being too cold but there was no complaining about being too cold. The only complaining was about having to go home.

Tyler’s parents were up there as well and they took turns watching Josh in the lodge so that Tyler, Emily, Allie and I could all ski together a little bit.
Tyler started off by reminding Emily how to snow plow and slow down.
Emily has no desire to go slow so we still have the harness on her so we can hold her back a little if we need to.

The next morning we woke up and the girls wanted to go skiing again. So we headed up to Powder Mountain for the day. We didn't have a babysitter this time so Tyler and I took turns watching Joshua and one of the girls in the lodge while the other one of us was skiing with one of the girls.

Allie getting all ready to go
Allie does pretty good for a 2 year old. She has good control of her skis, good edge control and can turn just fine but doesn't snow plow very well.
We all had lunch together in the lodge.

As Emily and I headed out for the last run of the day I asked her if she wanted me to use the harness on her or not. She said no. I told her she had to make sure she didn't go too fast because there was no way for me to her. She was alright with that and off we went. I was nervous the whole time but she did absolutely amazing. She still would go fast but remained in control and slowed down as needed. At times she would speed up and as she sped past me she would say "See ya later, hoser" or "See ya later, slow poke". She thought she was quite funny.

**Joshua has now started crawling. He has been getting himself up on his hands and knees for quite some time and would just rock back and forth but he is cruisin' right along now. Also his 2 front teeth are breaking through now. He now has 4 little teeth!!

6 comments:

Zanny said...

Fabulous! I can't believe at such a young age Emily can ski so well. Now, prepare yourself...I've NEVER been skiing before in my life. I know! I want to go so much - especially since watching the olympics!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

That's so fun Kameron still needs to take the boys out this winter or Karson for sure. What fun family time together!

Amanda said...

So fun! What a great family activity! And yay for crawling. He's getting so big!

ashley said...

Some how I missed this post too. Well, until now. Anyways, looks like a super fun night. And day. And I am so impressed Emily can do it with out the harness. But seriously, please, don't let her go up on the lift alone. seriously.

Keely said...

I can't believe they can ski so well! It's insane. She probably goes faster then I do. I'm a little on the extreme slow side.

Jordy and Stephy said...

hahahahaha that made my day at work today! I told Jordan about her passing ya and saying see you later hoser and we agree she's definately a conlin! that is so darn adorable hahaha! I can't believe they can ski at 2?!?! that is amazing!