Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Since our kids are getting older and understand Christmas a little bit more we decided to do Christmas at our house with just our little family. In years past we have slept over and grandma's and grandpa's house. It was a great Christmas.  I did all my Christmas shopping online this year and when I was done buying everything I got the grand idea that maybe I should ask my kids what they really wanted. Yes, I know, you should start buy asking them what they want and then buy it. I did it backwards, but it didn't matter. They must have been sending out vibes before because I pretty much got everything that they asked for. Wahoo!

I found this super cute play kitchen for the girls. Emily later told me she wanted a pink kitchen. YES! Allie would then pipe up that she wanted a purple kitchen. We were so stoked for them to come down and see this on Christmas morning. We just knew they were going to freak out. Well, I didn't quite get the reaction that I wanted. Emily came down and had a huge smile on her face, Allie on the other hand started to get sad and asked "Where's my purple kitchen". Seriously? It wasn't really that big of a deal, she forgot all about the "purple kitchen" a minute or two later and was loving this beautiful kitchen. She would pretend to wash her hands in the sink and even had to push her sleeves up so they didn't get wet.

It was Josh's 1st Christmas. Really, he could have cared less about the whole thing. I figured this would be the case so we didn't get him much. He got a food mill so I can make his baby food and he got other random items that he needed. Man, he looked cute in his little beanie!

The wrapping paper was all he really cared about.

The girls LOVE to go to Jazz games with Tyler and I so we picked them up their own Jazz jerseys.

Emily and Allie love to dress up and play princesses. There isn't a day that does by when they aren't dressed up. Well, sometimes the princesses get hurt and have to see the doctor so one of them pretends to be a doctor and takes care of the injured princess. Also, Emily tells us that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. So I made both of them scrub tops so they can wear them when they play doctor. They also got some new princess gowns to dress up in.

Tyler surprised me and got me a new camera. Waterproof! So I can take it to Australia next year when my sister and I go there. Thanks, Toque!

We spent the rest of Christmas morning/early afternoon with my family and visiting my grandparents.

My mom and dad have Kool-Aid cups at their house (well, I think they only have 1 the rest are long gone). Tyler makes sure that he gets to use that cup when we are out there so my mom got him this nice Kool-Aid set for his very own complete with Kool-Aid man shaped pitcher and cups. NICE!!

Mylee, Emily and Allie checking out the cool Tinkerbell and friends dolls they got from Grandma and Grandpa. They got some super cute clothes, too.

We spent Christmas evening with Tyler's family.

Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the girls with a whole lot of princess stuff; princess shirts and underwear, books, plates and bowls and even a little princess table and chairs for them to put in their room.

Josh is thinking "Wahoo, more paper to play with!"

We had a very enjoyable Christmas spent with those we love.

2 comments:

Megan said...

That kitchen is SO cute! I bet your girls are still loving it. And Evan has the same beanie as Josh. We must be awesome. Actually Ross picked it out. lol.

I can't believe you and your hubby have been together for 9 years! Madness. Glad you guys had a fun date night skiing!

Zanny said...

Oh, Summer is soooo into cooking. She has her own play kitchen too, but yours is AWESOME! Maybe it's time to plan another play date so Summer can see it. I'm so glad you all had a nice Christmas!