Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Emily and Allie LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Seuss books. They really like The Cat in the Hat. So we decided to have a Cat in the Hat themed Halloween this year. I looked at costumes online and it was going to cost about $80-90 to do costumes for all 3 kiddos. I felt like that was a lot of money for one night and didn't think it would be too hard to make their costumes for a lot less. So I gave it a go.

Emily and Allie were Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Joshua was The Cat In The Hat.

I think that their costumes all turned out great and I spent $15 instead of $90. Wahoo.

One last photo op before heading out for a night of fun.

Tyler was gone out of town for work so it was me and the kiddos. The girls were so good and held hands as they walked down the sidewalk. It made it nice and easy to keep track of them.

The Cat In The Hat looking on as Thing 1 and Thing 2 go up to a door to get some more candy.

Me and Josh out Trick-or-Treating.

The loot. Emily and Allie got so much candy.

Emily and Allie loved their costumes. They loved walking down the sidewalk and having kids yell out "Look, Mom, it's Thing 1 and Thing 2". It was fun. Joshua was a champ the whole time and didn't even fuss. We had a great night.

11 comments:

Keely said...

haha I love their costumes! I really like the blue hair, and Josh is the best looking cat in the hat out there!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Awesome costumes! YOu are so crafty when it comes their halloween costumes! They are so adorable and seem like they are really close sisters- thats awesome!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Oh yeah- Josh looks adorable too- nice job on his outfit!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so dang cute, Amber! Nice job on the costumes! "My gosh!" Ha ha!

Nic and Shannon Rich said...

I love the costumes what stinkin cute kids you have!!!

Chamberlains said...

Where did you get the wigs? So cute? Did you totally free hand Joshua's costume too. I'm amazed at all my friend's creativity. You mom's are amazing!

Ty and Ber said...

Monica, here are my secrets. Blue feather boas on a beanie for the girls' wigs. For Josh's shirt I just put white felt on a black onesie and then sewed some felt together to make his hat. Pretty simple.

Jeff and Erin said...

I love it! You are so creative and your kids are adorable!

Jami said...

Love the Dr. Suess Theme! We his books all the time! They look so cute!

Megan said...

Their costumes are so cute and way to go on saving a bunch of money by making them! I think the cat and the hat is super cute too. We were pretty lame and didn't really dress Evan up this year. Meh. Oh well. Looks like your kids made out like a bandit with all that candy!

Amanda said...

So dang cute. And as always, I'm totally impressed with your domestic skills!