Friday, June 4, 2010

Adams Canyon

We went hiking up Adam's Canyon today with Jeremy and Trisha and their family. Tyler is still in Ohio working on stuff at the mobile home park so he wasn't with us. Tyler's mom hiked a little bit with us but for most of the time there were 7 kiddos taking 3 adults for a hike. For the most part the kids did great.
Emily would pull this pose as she told Allie to pick up the pace.
Allie was too busy doing this to go any faster.
Me and the kiddos.

The whole gang at the 2nd waterfall.

We didn't hike up to the top waterfall. The kids were getting a bit worn out and were ready to turn back. On the way down Allie was holding my hand down a hill; she got a couple steps ahead of me and slipped. I tried to pull her up so she didn't crash (which I did successfully), but by doing so it pulled me forward and with Josh on my back there was too much forward momentum and Josh and I went sliding head first down the mountain. I split my chin open on a rock and Josh got a little goose egg on his forehead. Nothing major just a little scary for Allie and Josh.  I probably should have had my chin stitched up but I just cleaned it up and taped it together when I got home.

2 comments:

Zanny said...

Aaaahhh scary! I'm so glad you guys were okay after biffing it! I'm glad the rest of the hike was fun, but yikes - split chins and goose eggs sure zap the fun out of things a smidgen, huh?

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Amber! That would have given me a heart attack falling with a kiddo on my back. I'm glad you guys are ok!
You're kiddos are so cute. It looks like you guys are having a super fun summer otherwise!