Monday, June 29, 2009

Fishing at Causey

Tyler has been fishing couple of times over that last couple of weeks and since then the girls have really wanted to go. So this last weekend Tyler and I took the girls up to Causey and took them fishing. Grandma and Grandpa came up for a little bit too.Waiting for Dad to get the poles ready.Allie is ready to scoop up any fish that we bring in.Hanging out with Grandma waiting for something to bite. The girls would sing "Come on fishy, come and eat your lunch!" while they were waiting.Allie reeling in the line.Emily proudly showing off her catch! Emily was the only one who caught a fish. We all had a couple of bites and had a couple fish get off right when we got them up to the shore. Oh well, better luck next time.

We had a great day fishing together as a family.

POST NOTE: Emily wanted to go fishing again tonight and kept asking Tyler if we could go. So after dinner we packed the girls up and took them to the little city pond, you know the one that just across the street from the trailer park that everybody goes out and sits around every night. We didn't think we would catch anything but figured it would satisfy their desire to go. This is what I reeled in. Not bad for a little city pond fish. We were a bit shocked when we got it up to the bank and saw the size of it. We weren't prepared to take it home with us though, we had only brought a tiny little cooler with us with some snacks because, honestly, we didn't think we were going to catch anything. So I got to carry it home on my lap half way in the cooler and half way out.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love fish - too bad Ross hates it so I only get some when we go out to eat..which isn't a lot. I will send some labor vibes your way - hopefully mine aren't tainted though and make you go late ;)

Roscoe and Daisy said...

That is too funny you caught a fish like that- was it the Clinton City pond near the Elemantary school and 300 N? You look so good Amber for being due soon- I just can't believe you - you don't really have much of a stomach and no swelling/puffyness. YOu make me sick! :) I mean that in the kindness way! Good luck and let me know when you have that little guy!

D'N K said...

Sooo fun. I love taking the kids fishing. Nice fish ber! I love when you get a big one. When is your due date? I know you don't have very long left. Can't wait to see little man.

Ty and Ber said...

Keli- I am hoping that she will take me at the end of this week, if not it will be next week for sure. I will keep you all posted.

Trisha said...

Ber! I almost think I can see some sort of belly in one of your pictures! FINALLY!! When are you due, in a week?

Can't wait to be closer to all of you guys so we can play! It's official, we're moving to NM.