Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick Kidlets

Emily and Allie have been sick with nasty coughs and fevers for the last couple of days. It hasn't been fun for them. They wanted to "snuggle mom" all day long. I would put a movie in for them to watch and they would both lay their head on my lap and fall asleep. It was really cute, but once they fell asleep I was stuck. If I tried to move they would wake up. So needless to say, we spent a lot of time snuggling the last couple of days. Today they finally feel better. Wahoo.

Last night we had tickets to the Jazz game that Tyler gave me for Christmas. We were planning on taking the girls but they didn't feel well. We debated if we should go to the game at all or if we should give away our tickets. I needed a break from everything so we decided to go. My mom was very nice and watched our sick kiddos so we could enjoy a night out. THANK YOU, MOM!!

The girls were very sad that they couldn't go. They love going to the games. Here are some pictures of a game we went to a couple of weeks ago. I'll post them now since I didn't get around to it after we went.Emily chowing down on some Life Savers while she watched the game.Allie and Daddy enjoying the fun.Emily and Andy

Allie would clap and cheer "Go Jazz" as loud as she possibly could. It was so cute.

I am glad that the girls are healthy again! We will have to plan another night where we can take them out.

11 comments:

Megan said...

I am glad you decided to go - I bet the reak from it all was a nice treat. Having sick kiddos is hard. You feel guilty if you are cuddeling with them and if you are then you feel guilty you are getting stuff done. Glad everyone is feeling better now!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Sick kids are hard, but you gotta LOVE all the snuggles! I'm glad they are feeling better and I'm glad you got a night out, those can be so rare! Oh and I ordered some of that stuff, don't you worry that it's for me! I'm gross and bite my nails and I really need to stop! So hopefully is as successful for me as it was for Allie. ;)

ashley said...

I have a love hate relationship with sick kids. I love the cuddles but I hate the sick. Glad they are feeling better. Do you guys have season tickets to Jazz or something? That picture of Allie hiding under the sink cracks me up:)

Erin H said...

I'm glad they are feeling better. It's always nice to have the sickness over with.

Zanny said...

Snuggles galore! That was the one bright spot. I'm glad they're feeling better now.

D'N K said...

OHH I'm so sorry about sick kiddos. I hate it when kids are sick. Glad they are doing better. You had a very deserved night out!!!!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

My boys have been giving each other the cold for the last couple of wks- not fun! This is not a good season to have a baby thats for sure. I am glad your girls are on the mend. That is fun you and Tyler could get out and watch the Jazz game anyways even thought the girls couldn't go.
Those are cute pictures though of the girls!

Stacy said...

Oh i love taking mylee to jazz games, she loves to go to them. Matt and I get to go to the game tonight!!! I am so excited, my official converting starts now.

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys got a date night! Its always nice to get one of those and remember that you're married. ;)
Glad the girls are feeling better!

Amy said...

We love the Jazz! Go Jazz! Sorry the girls were sick!

Anonymous said...

Amber, Hey after hearing you today in church say you had a blog, I went a hunted you down! Here is my email address so I can invite you to our blog, joniplatt@hotmail.com. Hope you don't mind if I add your blog to my links! Cute blog by the way!